As baptized believers and members of Grace Baptist Church and in recognition of the headship of Christ and the unity of His body, we joyfully enter into this covenant and by His grace strive to fulfill the corporate and individual responsibilities thereof.
1. We will hold fast and contend earnestly for the faith which has been delivered to the saints in the form of the sixty-six books of the Holy Scriptures.
(Heb. 10:23; Jude 1:3; 2 Tim. 3:14-17)
2. We will assemble together regularly for corporate worship, mutual edification and the observance of the two scriptural ordinances of baptism and the Lord's Supper.
(Heb. 10:25; Col. 3:16; Acts 2:42,46, 20:7; Romans 14:19; Ephesians 4:11-16; Matt. 28:19; 1Cor. 11:24-26)
3. We will pray for and minister to one another in brotherly love.
(1 Thess. 5:17; 1Tim. 2:8; James 5:16; Eph. 4:11-12; 1Pet. 4:10; 1John 3:14)
4. We will joyfully contribute our resources for the needs & ministries of the church.
(Acts 2:44-45; 1Corinthians 16:2; 2 Corinthians 9:7)
5. We will offer and receive scriptural correction in love when necessary and submit ourselves to the rules of discipline as set forth in Scripture.
(Gal. 6:1; Matt. 18:15: Prov. 9:8, 13:18; Matt. 18:15-17; 2 Thess. 3:6,14; Rom. 16:17; 1Cor. 5:11)
6. We will maintain private and family devotions upholding godly homes and marriages.
(Matt. 6:6; Duet 6:6-9; Prov. 4:1-4, 22:6; Ephesians 5:22-6:4)
7. We will faithfully proclaim the gospel with the aim of making disciples and exalting Christ as God gives opportunity.
(Matt. 28:18-20; 1 Cor. 10:31; 2 Cor. 2:17, 2Cor. 2:12)
8. We will, if we leave this church, seek to join with another church of like purpose and doctrine to carry out the spirit of this covenant.